Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Patchwork Chevron

Well, I saw this quilt a while ago and it stuck in my head.  Then I saw Jen's quilt right before I started mine.  I had two charm packs, so wanted to make it bigger than the first, but didn't know how it would all work out until I saw Jen's.  Then I just copied her!  (She was totally cool with that...)

Patchwork Chevron

Anyway, here it is! It's been done for a while.  I finished it in June, just before we went on the road.  (We're on day 90 today!)  I've been sooo many pretty places that I should have taken pictures of the quilt there, but this cute little camp ground in PA will have to do.  (Because I finally remembered, had a moment, had internet...these things rarely happen to me these days!)



Patchwork Chevron

 For the back and binding, I wanted to use up some fabrics that I had in my closet.  I don't really want to buy a ton more fabric until I use what I have.  But I like the way it turned out.  Used up a few scraps of muslin and smaller pieces of fabric.  I'm very happy with this quilt!

My husband peeking over the top
 It's perfect for cuddling on the couch, which is what I mainly use it for.  And occasionally on the feet of my husband and I as we are freezing in the trailer.  Thankfully on our first night of really cold weather, my in-laws were in town at a hotel and the kids stayed with them.  We tried out the heater for the first time, only to find it didn't work and we were freezing! It was definitely below 50 in the trailer.  We've remedied the problem and have heat now...but man, that was cold!

Untitled

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Just 2 charm packs!? It's gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on this quilt!! Love the quilting too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! My zig zag looks so boring comparing to yours, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific quilt!
    Dontcha love all the zigzag quilts out there in blogland?

    Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete
  5. that looks gorgeous!! great finish! How long are you guys traveling for?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's lovely Sarah! One day I might have to copy too!

    Will you be on the road in winter?

    ReplyDelete